TeamGram comes with the basic record types most businesses need: customers, people, deals, quotes, orders, tasks…
However, there might be another type of record your a business needs:
Product inspection forms, employee vacation requests, time sheets, shift reports
are just a few examples of how custom forms can be used.
Instead of having to buy new specialized software for each of these forms, you can easily build form-based applications within TeamGram.
Having all of these forms inside TeamGram allows you to easily connect that data with other objects:
You can click on an employee’s name to see all of their evaluation forms and vacation requests. Or click on a product name to view all inspection results.
Your custom apps are accessible with the standard web interface and the TeamGram mobile apps for Android and iOS.
Basic Settings of a Custom App
Start building your app with a few basic settings. To create an app, follow these instructions:
- Click on Applications in the left menu.
- Select one of the application templates, or click on Blank Template to start from scratch (This page describes the procedure using the blank template).
- Specify an application name. This is usually the name of the form you use for this purpose (Vacation Request, or Product Inspection).
- Select an icon.
- Select if you want new additions and updates to be published in the news feed.
- If your form requires approval by someone other than the person who filled it, check Requires approval. Otherwise, leave it unchecked (A vacation request probably requires a manager’s approval. A product inspection form probably does not).
- In the target users field, specify which departments or users will see this app in their menus.
- Select the default editors and readers.
- Click on Continue.
Congratulations. You now have an app. But you still need to build the form it uses.
Building Your Form
In Step 2 of the app creation process, you will be asked to add the fields of the app.
This is done with the Add new field ink. Use this link as many times as needed to create all fields of your app. Use the up/down arrows to change the order of your fields.
To learn more about adding fields, check out the previous topic on adding custom fields.
Save. You are now ready to use your app. You will find its tab and icon on the left menu.
Adding Data To Your Custom App
You add data into your custom app by adding documents. An employee’s vacation request is a document in the vacation requests app. An inspection report is another document in the inspection reports app.
To add a new document to an app, simply click on the app name in the left menu, press the New Document button, fill in the form, and save.
Forms With Photos and File Attachments
If your custom app form includes a field of type File/Photo, users will be able to attach files to this form. If these are image files, they will be displayed inside the form while viewing it. Otherwise, they will be displayed as links.
Use this feature to add photos of defective products to inspection forms, or photos of taxi receipts to expense forms, or error log files to problem reports.
Listing and Filtering Custom App Documents
When you click on a custom app’s name in the menu, you are presented with a list of documents in that app. You can modify your selection criteria for documents, and save those criteria.
To define new criteria, click on the New list link above the list, and specify your criteria.
To select a previously saved list, use the “Show these” selector.
Each document in the list displays the first 5 fields of a document. To show a field in the list, make sure it is in the top 5. Edit the app settings, go to step 2, and use the up/down arrows to change the order of the fields.
To open a document in the list, click on it.
Congratulations! You have completed the tutorial.